Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of charity concerts are taking place in the district this weekend.
- A charity concert featuring the Lions' Brass4Youth band will be held at Backwell School, in Station Road, today (Friday) from 7pm. The show is in aid of Wellspring Counselling.
For more information or tickets, priced £7, contact the Wellspring Office on 01275 810879.
- The Just Good Company choir is holding a concert at United Reformed Church in Nailsea, in Stock Way North, today at 7.30pm.
Tickets are priced £5 for adults.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.nailseaurc.org.uk
- Jonathan Veira will perform at Portishead Methodist Church, in High Street, tomorrow (Saturday) at 7.30pm.
- 1 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 2 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid
- 3 Teenager to run 100 miles in memory of her granddad
- 4 North Somerset Council determined to prevent rise in empty properties
- 5 Eco homes to be built on 'local oasis'
- 6 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 7 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 8 CBI backs Bristol Airport's expansion appeal
- 9 Clevedon siblings raise more than £8k for local charities
- 10 Fitness expert offers exercise tips for people over 60
The concert will raise money for revamping the church.
Tickets, priced £12, are available on 01275 844917, or at the church and Portishead Motorcare.
- A quiz will take place at Long Ashton Community Centre, in Keedwell Hill, tomorrow at 7.30pm.
Teams of four to six players cost £7 each, which includes sandwiches and traybakes.
Tickets are available at www.longashtoncommunitycentre.org
- A Disney-inspired workshop will take place at Long Ashton Community Centre, in Keedwell Hill, on Sunday from 1-3pm.
Tickets, priced £7.50, are available at www.brispanto.co.uk/workshops