Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 14:03 24 January 2020 | UPDATED: 14:03 24 January 2020
Festive Burns Nights, which celebrate the life of Scottish poet Robert Burns, take over North Somerset towns and villages this weekend.
- A Cinderella pantomime will take place in Clevedon tonight (Friday) until tomorrow (Saturday) at Princes Hall, in Princes Road, at 7.30pm.
There will also be a show on Saturday with a matinee performance at 2.30pm.
- Wraxall's Tyntesfield House will host its first wassail on Saturday from 2-4pm.
Admission, priced £6-26, is available at the venue on the day.
Organisers say 'feel free' to bring instruments to wake the trees.
Tickets, priced £8-11, are available to by at www.ticketsource.co.uk/cctc or call 033366 64466.
- A Burns Night supper will be served at Tickenham's hall, in Clevedon Road, on Saturday at 7.30pm.
A four-course meal will be provided on the night.
Tickets, priced £22.50, can be bought from Vena on 01275 856289.
- Yatton's Ceilidh club will hold a Burns Night and an evening of dance on Saturday at the village hall, in The Causeway, from 7.30-10pm.
Tickets, priced £5, can be reserved by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests are invited to take a plate of food to share.
- One hundred trees will be given out to 100 people to plant in their gardens at Pill Community Centre, in Church Place, on Saturday from 10am-noon.
The giveaway will be held by Pill and Easton-in-Gordano Parish Council's carbon capture and biodiversity working group.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.