Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 11:55 11 October 2019 | UPDATED: 15:39 11 October 2019
Apple days, litter picks and pet services will be taking place across the area.
- Two litter picks will take place this weekend.
Better Nailsea is meeting at Number 65, High Street for a litter pick tomorrow (Saturday), from 10am to noon, followed by a meeting from noon to 2pm.
Turn The Tide Portishead will also host a litter pick at Blacknore beach on Sunday from 10-11.30am. People are advised to park in Glenwood Rise and follow signs to the lighthouse.
- The Pill Fairtrade group will celebrate its 25th anniversary, at The Precinct, on Saturday, from 10.30am to noon.
It will create a giant Fairtrade mark and hand out chocolate.
- An ancient Somerset tradition will return to the area on Saturday.
Transition Town Nailsea will host its popular apple day at the Ring O' Bells, in St Marys Grove, from 1-5pm.
- Clevedon Town will look to bounce back from two successive defeats in the Toolstation Western League Premier Division on Saturday.
Clevedon host Hallen to the Everyone Active Stadium at 3pm.
Tickets are available to purchase on the gate.
- Friends of Watchhouse Hill is holding a free apple day in Pill on Sunday, from 2-4pm at the orchard, in Watchhouse Hill.
There will be fun and games, storytelling, apple goodies to taste and more.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.