Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 11:55 23 August 2019
Flower shows, village fairs and a dog show will all take place across North Somerset this weekend.
- Taster sessions for youngsters will continue in Nailsea this evening (Friday).
People can enjoy rugby and dance classes in Millennium Park at 6pm, as well as boxing from 4.30-6.30pm.
The scheme was started to prevent antisocial behaviour in the area after an increase in underage drinking, drug-taking and criminal damage.
- Green-fingered villagers will showcase their growing skills in Clevedon this weekend.
The flower show will be held on Salthouse Fields, in Salthouse Road, on Saturday and Sunday.
The show will be open from noon to 6pm on Saturday and 9am-5pm on day two. Entry is £4-5 and there will be entertainment, birds of prey and trade stalls.
- Kingston Seymour's annual village show will be held on Saturday at the hall, in Ham Lane, from 10am-3pm.
There will be prizes awarded in photography, cooking, handicrafts, children's classes and more.
Judging will commence at 11am, with cake and refreshments available from 2pm.
- A weekend in August would not be complete without another flower show.
Walton-in-Gordano's annual village flower festival takes place at St Paul's Church, in Walton Street, from Saturday to Monday, from 10am to 5pm.
The show will feature a variety of floral displays, as well as cream teas and other refreshments.
- Performing puppies will be on display in Clevedon.
The annual dog show will take place in the main arena of the flower show on Sunday.
Registration will open at 9am with judging starting at 10am.