Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 11:55 19 July 2019 | UPDATED: 15:35 19 July 2019
Family fun will be on offer in both Yatton and Portishead this weekend.
- A village fair and flower show will take place in Yatton.
The fair will be held at St Mary's Church, in Church Road, and Glebelands from 11am-4.30pm tomorrow (Saturday). There will be games, lunches, cream teas and classic cars on show.
A flower festival will also run on Saturday and Sunday at the church from noon to 5pm. There will be a festival songs of praise at 10am on Sunday too and refreshments from 11.30am including cream teas in the afternoon.
- Swimmers will take to the water to raise money for charity on Saturday.
Clevedon Aquathlon will be held along the seafront from 10.30am . There will be a novice run and a sprint with differing distances.
Entry is £15 and money raised will go to MARLENS.
- Families will tuck into delicious snacks in the summer sun on Saturday.
Portishead In Bloom's big picnic will return to Jubilee Park, in Burlington Road, from noon to 3pm.
There will be a range of children's games and entertainment, plus several musical performances. Guests are required to take their own rug and picnic.
- Volunteers are being encouraged to fill up bin bags full of rubbish in Portishead.
Turn The Tide will run a beach clean on Saturday from 1.30-3pm.
The group will meet at Café Lido, in Esplanade Road.
- A documentary focused on one of football's greatest ever players will be shown in Clevedon on Sunday.
Diego Maradona will be screened at the Curzon cinema, in Old Church Road, on Sunday at 7.30pm.
The documentary focuses the career of the celebrated Argentine who played for Italian club Napoli in the 1980s. Tickets, priced £5.50-23, are available at www.curzon.org.uk or on 01275 871000.