Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 11:55 12 July 2019
Racing in the streets, beers in the clubhouse and model aeroplanes in the sky - these are just a handful of the events you can enjoy across the area this weekend.
- Pints will be served at a rugby club's annual drinking festival.
Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club will host its beer and cider festival at the club, in West End Lane, from tonight (Friday) until Sunday.
Door open from 6pm-11pm on Friday, noon to 11pm tomorrow (Saturday) and noon to 8pm on Sunday.
- A model replica of the world's most famous airliner will be the headline act at a model air show.
Woodspring Model Air Show will take place on Saturday and Sunday at Claverham Airfield, in Claverham Drove, from 10am-5pm.
Tickets, priced £10 for over-16s, will be available on the gate.
- A community centre will celebrate 60 years of running in a village.
Long Ashton Community Centre, in Keedwell Hill, has organised a parade in the field opposite the village District Guide Headquarters, in Weston Road, at 10.30am, followed by a Bark In The Park dog show from 11am-4pm on Saturday.
Money raised will support Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary.
- Boats, pirates and cannons will be taking to the streets of Pill on Saturday.
Pill Regatta returns to the village and races begin at 3pm.
Activities take place from the Duke of Cornwall pub, in Pump Square.
- High-octane racing will return to the streets of Portishead on Sunday.
The soap box race runs in Esplanade Road from 10am-4pm, with timed runs starting at 12.30pm and medals awarded at 4pm.
Funds raised on the day will be donated to St Peter's Hospice.