Five things to do in North Somerset
PUBLISHED: 16:55 14 June 2019 | UPDATED: 17:10 14 June 2019
The weather may be suspect for June but there is plenty for you enjoy across the area this weekend.
- Cookery classes, wine tasting and kids mayhem events will take place as two villages come together.
The inaugural Barrow and Flax Festival will take place from today (Friday) until Sunday at venues across Barrow Gurney and Flax Bourton.
To find out about event times and to book tickets, visit www.barrowflaxfestival.co.uk/festival-events
- Pride will host an open gardens event in Clevedon.
Gardens will open to the public tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday from 11am-4pm, with the owners on hand to talk about their plants and flowers.
Tickets, priced £5, are available from The Present Company, in Queens Square.
- A Father's Day celebration will take place at a Wraxall zoo.
Giraffe feedings and a card making workshop for kids will be available at Noah's Ark Zoo Farm, in Clevedon Road, on Sunday at 10.30am.
Tickets, priced £10.80-66.50, includes a free bacon roll for dads and is available at www.noahsarkzoofarm.co.uk or on 01275 852606.
- An Oscar-winning film will be shown in Long Ashton.
LA Community Cinema, will show The Breadwinner in the community centre in Keedwell Hill, on Saturday at 8pm.
Tickets, priced £5, are available at www.la-cinema.uk
- Families will gather in Wrington for a day of revelling.
A family fun day will be held at Rydings Farm, in Silver Street, on Saturday from 2-5pm.
There will be free food, craft tables and more taking place.