Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:55 29 March 2019
The clocks go forward on Sunday to mark the beginning of spring, and for those of you wanting to get out and enjoy the weather, here are just some of the activities taking place in North Somerset this weekend.
- Nailsea Rotary Club will be staging a concert at Nailsea School, in Mizzymead Road, featuring the Lions Brass 4 Youth Group tonight (Friday) at 7.30pm.
Tickets are priced £4-7.50 and can be bought from PS Travel, in Station Road, Jon Brown Hardware and Nailsea Music Shop in High Street, or from Chris Perry on 01275 464240 or email@example.com
- Two nights of dancing and laughter are coming to Long Ashton.
The community centre, in Keedwell Hill, is hosting its Disco Night event on Friday at 8pm, while tomorrow (Saturday) a Laugh Comedy
Night will take place at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £5 on Friday and £10 on Saturday, are available on the door. The event is for over-18s only and proceeds raised will go towards the centre.
- Keen gardeners from Nailsea are looking forward to showing off their prized blooms and vegetables at the popular spring show.
Nailsea Horticultural Society is hosting the show on Saturday afternoon at Nailsea School’s atrium, in Mizzymead Road, from 12.30-5.30pm.
Admission to the show is £2.
- Live bands and lots of square-dancing cowgirls and boys will be on display in two villages on Saturday.
Clevedon and Yatton sequence dance clubs are holding a dance to celebrate the 70th anniversary of both clubs at Failand’s village hall, in Ox House Lane, at 2.15pm.
On the same day, The Jack Hazeldine Foundation is holding a charity barn dance evening at Kenn Village Hall, in Kenn Street, from 4-9pm.
- Congresbury gardening club’s spring show will be held on Saturday.
The School Rooms, in Station Road, will be packed with cakes, plants and other items at 2.30pm.
Entry costs £1.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.