Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:58 01 March 2019
A family zoo trail, Middle Eastern treats and an Academy Award-winning film can all be enjoyed this weekend.
- An Oscar-nominated film will be screened at the next Portishead Film event tonight (Friday).
The Breadwinner will be shown at Jubilee Hall, in Slade Road.
Doors open 7.30pm for a 8pm start and tickets, priced £5, are available on the night.
- Family fun can be enjoyed at a Wraxall zoo tomorrow (Saturday).
A heart trail will take place around Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, in Clevedon Road, from 10am-5pm, with each giant heart revealing a conservation issue and fun facts about the animals.
Tickets, priced £5-66.50, are available from www.noahsarkzoofarm.co.uk or on 01275 852606.
- A quiz in memory of PE teacher Del Shayler will be held on Saturday.
Del died suddenly in May last year and was Portishead Football Club’s under-12s manager.
The quiz will take place at the football club, in Bristol Road, on Saturday at 7.30pm and tickets cost £5 per person.
- If you fancy some live football, then head over to Clevedon on Saturday.
Clevedon United host Bridport at the Everyone Active Stadium, in Davis Lane, at 3pm.
Tickets are available on the gate.
- A Middle Eastern feast will be served in Long Ashton on Sunday.
The village café, in Keedwell Hill, is hosting the dinner from 7-11.30pm.
Tickets, priced £20, are available at www.longashtoncommunitycentre.org, the café or the community centre office.