Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:55 22 February 2019 | UPDATED: 11:01 25 February 2019
A flower show, vegan food fair, and a charity night to remember a football club hero will take place this weekend.
- Culinary delights and tasty treats will be served in Portishead tomorrow (Saturday).
A vegan fair will be held in Somerset Hall, in The Precinct, on Saturday from 10am-3pm.
The marketplace will sell vegan chocolate, cakes and health and beauty products. Entry is £2 on the door.
- Family fun can be enjoyed at a Wraxall zoo.
A heart trail will take place around Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, in Clevedon Road, on Saturday from 10am-5pm, with each giant heart revealing a conservation issue and fun facts about the animals.
Tickets, priced £5-66.50, are available from www.noahsarkzoofarm.co.uk or on 01275 852606.
- Hundreds of beautiful plants will be showcased in Clevedon this weekend.
The 61st spring flower show will be held at Princes Hall, in Princes Road, on Saturday.
It will run from 1-4.15pm. For a list of categories, visit www.clevedongardeners.btck.co.uk
- A gathering to celebrate the life of a Long Ashton Football Club stalwart will take place on Saturday evening.
Family and friends will remember Peter Tilley at a charity evening in the Community Centre in Keedwell Hill.
Food and drink will be served in the Griffin Lounge and all money raised on the night will go to the Help Bristol’s Homeless charity.
- Volunteers are being encouraged to fill up bin bags full of rubbish in Portishead.
Turn The Tide will hold a community litter pick on Sunday from 1.30-3pm.
The group will meet at the sailing club in Belton Road.