Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:58 08 February 2019 | UPDATED: 17:23 08 February 2019
Amateur dramatic performances, illuminated vans and a Valentine’s ball are taking place across North Somerset this weekend.
- The Avon and Somerset Constabulary Male Voice Choir is performing at Nailsea School, in Mizzymead Road, tonight (Friday) at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £6-8, will be available from P S Travel, Nailsea Music Shop, John Brown Hardware and on the door.
- Portishead Players will put on a Perfect Wedding on Friday and Saturday at the Somerset Hall, in High Street.
There will be shows each night at 7.30pm as well as a 2pm performance on Saturday.
Tickets, priced £8-12.50, are available from Portishead Motorcare, in the Precinct, or from www.ticketsource.co.uk/portisheadplayers
- An American true-story comedy about a tour of the Deep South between African-American classical and jazz pianist and an Italian-American bouncer will hit cinema screens in Clevedon this weekend.
Green Book will be shown at the Curzon Cinema, in Old Church Road, at 8pm on Friday and Saturday, and at 7.30pm on Sunday.
Tickets, priced £5.50-23, are available at www.curzon.org.uk or on 01275 871000.
- Colourful vans will light up Portishead in aid of a good cause.
Vee Dub Family Events is hosting a winter vanderland display of decorated Volkswagen vans, rasing money for the air ambulance.
The group will meet the outside Hall & Woodhouse in Newfoundland Way at 5pm, with displays beginning at 6pm.
- A Valentine’s ball will take place at Congresbury’s DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, in Frost Hill, on Saturday.
The bar opens at 6.30pm and guests will enjoy sparkling wine, canapes, a three-course dinner and music from Double Impact at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £40 and can be booked from 01934 834343 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.