Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:19 01 February 2019 | UPDATED: 16:58 06 February 2019
Snow may have fallen across North Somerset but that has not put a stop to these activities taking place across the weekend.
- Do you fancy drinking wine in Nailsea while raising money for charity?
A wine tasting night in aid of Muscular Distrophy UK is taking place in the Trinity Centre, Church Lane, tonight (Friday) from 7-9pm.
Diane Lyall is hosting the event and tickets, priced £20, are available from 07772 055928 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- An afternoon of Irish music will be held in Chelvey tomorrow (Saturday).
Musicians from the Hibernia Centre will perform at St Bridget’s Church, in Chelvey Road, from 2.30-4.30pm.
- Nailsea’s Christ Church, in Christchurch Close, is holding a fashion show, presented by M&Co, on Saturday from 3-5pm.
Children can enter for free and tickets, priced £3.50 for adults, are available from M&Co and Christ Church office on 01275 859210.
Refreshments will be available and proceeds will go towards making the church more inclusive for families.
- A three-course supper, haggis, piper, celidh and more will take place in Kingston Seymour on Saturday.
A Burns’ Night celebration will be held at the village hall, in Ham Lane from 7.30-11pm.
The dress code is fairly formal, with added tartan and tickets, priced £20 per person, are available from Sue Thomas on 01934 833593, Judy Seward on 832612 or Sue Lang on 835939.
- A regional holiday show is taking place on Sunday.
Doubletree by Hilton Cadbury House Hotel, in Congresbury will host 25 specialist tour operators.
The free event runs from 11am-3pm and people will be able to meet and discuss travel plans with the companies.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.