Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:19 01 February 2019 | UPDATED: 16:58 06 February 2019
Snow may have fallen across North Somerset but that has not put a stop to these activities taking place across the weekend.
- Do you fancy drinking wine in Nailsea while raising money for charity?
A wine tasting night in aid of Muscular Distrophy UK is taking place in the Trinity Centre, Church Lane, tonight (Friday) from 7-9pm.
Diane Lyall is hosting the event and tickets, priced £20, are available from 07772 055928 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- An afternoon of Irish music will be held in Chelvey tomorrow (Saturday).
Musicians from the Hibernia Centre will perform at St Bridget’s Church, in Chelvey Road, from 2.30-4.30pm.
- Nailsea’s Christ Church, in Christchurch Close, is holding a fashion show, presented by M&Co, on Saturday from 3-5pm.
Children can enter for free and tickets, priced £3.50 for adults, are available from M&Co and Christ Church office on 01275 859210.
Refreshments will be available and proceeds will go towards making the church more inclusive for families.
- A three-course supper, haggis, piper, celidh and more will take place in Kingston Seymour on Saturday.
A Burns’ Night celebration will be held at the village hall, in Ham Lane from 7.30-11pm.
The dress code is fairly formal, with added tartan and tickets, priced £20 per person, are available from Sue Thomas on 01934 833593, Judy Seward on 832612 or Sue Lang on 835939.
- A regional holiday show is taking place on Sunday.
Doubletree by Hilton Cadbury House Hotel, in Congresbury will host 25 specialist tour operators.
The free event runs from 11am-3pm and people will be able to meet and discuss travel plans with the companies.