Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:58 25 January 2019 | UPDATED: 16:41 28 January 2019
A theatre productions, one-off cinema screening and a Burns Night celebration are all taking place across North Somerset this weekend.
- Clevedon’s comedy theatre club will perform Mother Goose at The Princes Hall, in Princes Road, tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday).
Shows will start at 7.30pm and tickets, priced £8, are available at www.clevedoncomedytheatreclub
- Two Wrington drama clubs will take to the stage to perform Oliver! on Friday and Saturday.
The youth drama and drama club’s production will be staged at the memorial hall, in Silver Street, at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £6-12, are available from Wrington’s Amor and Buglers Stores, in Broad Street and High Street respectively or from Richard Kingcott on 07767 778297.
- A race night will be held at Congresbury’s Old School Rooms, in Station Road, on Saturday.
The runners and riders will be under starter’s orders at 7.30pm, with doors opening 45 minutes before.
Tickets, priced £5, can be bought at Church House Designs or on 07814 155703 from Ally. Proceeds will go towards the new village hall project.
- A Burns Night supper will be held in Tickenham Village Hall, in Clevedon Road, on Saturday at 7.30pm.
A four-course meal including haggis, neeps and tatties will be served.
Tickets, priced £20, must be booked in advance from Vena Prater on 01275 856289.
- A unique screening of a biographical drama film based on the life of a French novelist will be held on Sunday.
Clevedon’s Curzon cinema, in Old Church Road, will show Colette at 4pm, followed by a live Q&A session with its producers Elizabeth Karlsen and Stephen Woolley.
Tickets, priced £5-21, are available at www.curzon.org.uk or on 01275 871000.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.