Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:58 04 January 2019 | UPDATED: 12:32 09 January 2019
The first weekend of 2019 is here, and while many people will be hibernating indoors, there is a food market, rugby match and a special film screening to district you from the cold weather.
- A film based around the life of a bored teenager at a California school will be screened in Portishead tonight (Friday).
Lady Bird will be shown by Portishead Film at Jubilee Hall, in Slade Road, at 8pm, with doors opening 30 minutes beforehand.
Tickets, priced £5, will be available to buy on the door.
- Dads and male carers can bring under-fives to The Barn in Clevedon on Saturday.
It will run at the community centre in Great Western Road from 9.30-11.30am and costs £3.
There will be drinks and bacon sandwiches on offer.
- Bargains will be on offer when the monthly market returns to Kingston Seymour on Saturday.
The village hall in Ham Lane, from 10am to noon, will be busy with a variety of goods for sale.
To book a table for £2, call Carol on 01934 830553.
- Rugby union returns following an almost month-long break.
Clevedon Rugby host league leaders Midsomer Norton in a Tribute Western Counties North clash on Saturday.
The match kicks off at 2.15pm and tickets are available on the gate.
- Gordano Footpath Group will enjoy a 10-mile walk at Failand on Sunday.
The group will meet for their first yomp of 2019 at the Roath Road car park at 9am, and a packed lunch is required.