Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:57 07 December 2018 | UPDATED: 17:57 07 December 2018
Charity fundraising events and Christmas fairs are taking place across the district this weekend. So why not pick up a festive treat and help out a worthwhile cause at the same time.
- A Christmas market will take place in Tickenham on Saturday from 9.30am-1pm at the hall in Clevedon Road.
More than 30 local traders will be showcasing their produce.
- St Andrew’s Church’s festival of angels will run until Saturday.
Doors to the church, in Clevedon’s Old Church Road, will be open from 10am-4pm daily.
Entry is free but donations welcomed, with the money going to mission charities.
- A festive food fundraiser will be held at Congresbury’s Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, on Saturday from 10am-4pm.
The event will be raising money for The Trussell Trust, which supports foodbanks.
Guests will enjoy a tantalising selection of food including bratwurst sausages, roasted nuts and mince pies.
- More than 100 Volkswagen campervans are set to cruise around towns and villages across the district on Saturday to raise money for charity.
The Vee Dub Christmas Cruz will see classic VWs travel from the park-and-ride in Long Ashton to Portishead Lake Grounds, taking in Failand, Tickenham and Clevedon.
The convoy will leave Long Ashton at 4pm and celebrations will continue at Café Lido at the Lake Grounds.
- Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary will be hosting their Christmas Fair at the Long Ashton community centre, in Keedwell Hill, on Sunday from 10am-2pm.
The charity is seeking to raise £300,000 as it fights to keep up with mounting costs of £650,000 per year.
There will be refreshments on offer including a raffle, tombola, and kids activities.