Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:58 02 November 2018
Picture: Paul Ruddock Photography
The sky above North Somerset will be full of colourful crackles and bangs this weekend, but if you prefer something quieter there are plenty of activities taking place across the district.
- A village pub will reopen for the first time in more than one year tonight (Friday).
The George Inn, in Abbots Leigh, is hosting an open night for the public from 5pm.
The watering hole, in Manor Road, will serve a revamped menu which includes burgers, pizzas, a steak and wine night and roast dinners.
- The legend of Bigfoot is turned upside down in Warner Bros’ latest animated film.
Smallfoot will be screened at Clevedon’s Curzon cinema, in Old Church Road, at 10.30am tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday, with an additional 1.30pm showing on Saturday.
Tickets, priced £5-6.70, are available at www.curzon.org.uk or on 01275 871000.
- The Mendip Christmas Fair will be held at Redhill’s Aldwick Court Farm, in Aldwick Lane, on Saturday and Sunday.
English wines, affordable jewellery, knitwear and more will be available to buy.
It opens at 10am on both days but closes at 5pm on Saturday and 90 minutes earlier on Sunday.
- If you fancy some live sport, why not head to Portishead Town Football Club on Saturday.
They host Devizes Town at their Bristol Road ground in a Toolstation Western Football League Division One fixture.
Kick-off is at 3pm and tickets are available on the gate.
- Stunning fireworks displays will illuminate the skies across the district.
Events will take place at Clevedon’s Dial Hill Cricket Club in Esmond Grove from 6pm, Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club will hold a bonfire night and firework display at its West End Park Ground at 7.45pm, both on Saturday.
For a full list displays, click here.