Five things to do in North Somerset this weekend
PUBLISHED: 16:58 26 October 2018
British Summer Time will officially end on Sunday, so make the most of the last few days of sunshine and explore what the district has to offer this weekend.
- Ale will be flowing in Portishead this weekend.
The Redcliffe Bay Beer Festival will be held at Redcliffe Bay Hall, in Newhaven Road, tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) at 7pm.
Tickets cost £5 and are available on 01275 848111.
- A film celebrating the life of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury is heading to cinema screens.
Bohemian Rhapsody will be screened at Clevedon’s Curzon cinema, in Old Church Road, at 5pm and 8.10pm on Friday and Saturday, with additional showings at 2pm on Saturday and 1.30pm on Sunday.
Tickets, priced £5-7.80, are available at www.curzon.org.uk or on 01275 871000.
- If Queen is not for you, then head to Cleeve for some live music on Friday.
Jazz trio Just 3 will perform at the hall, in Cleeve Hill Road, at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £10, include a meal and are available on 01934 830076.
- You can learn more about a grade-I listed building which was built during the 1860s.
Wraxall’s Tyntesfield house will host a Gothic tales family trail on Saturday from 10am-3pm.
Tickets, priced £3, can be purchased from the ticket office.
- Ornate floral displays, excellent produce and more will be closely inspected on Saturday afternoon.
Yatton Horticultural Society’s autumn show will be held at the hall, in The Causeway, at 2pm.
Flowers, fruits, vegetables, artwork and more will be on display and entry will cost £1 for over-16s.