Five things to do in North Somerset
PUBLISHED: 16:58 30 November 2018
As we hit the first weekend of December, the district is awash with festive fun.
- Christmas fairs are taking place across North Somerset tomorrow (Saturday).
Weston-in-Gordano’s fair at the village hall, in Clevedon Road, will take place from 10am to noon. Father Christmas is due to attend nd money raised will to go towards the upkeep of St Peter and St Paul’s Church.
In Portishead, St Joseph’s Primary School in Bristol Road will host an on Saturday from 10.30am-1.30pm.
- A pantomime fairy tale will be performed in Failand.
The drama circle will perform The Snow Queen at the village hall, in Ox House Lane, on Saturday at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £5.50-10.50, can be purchased on the door or at www.ticketsource.co.uk/failand-drama-circle
- An American musical romantic drama will hit cinema screens in Clevedon.
A Star Is Born will be shown at 4.15pm and 7.30pm on Saturday at the Curzon in Old Church Road.
Tickets, priced £5-7.80, are available at www.curzon.org.uk or on 01275 871000.
- Clevedon MARLENS’ night glow will take place at Marine Lake, in Old Church Road, on Saturday.
The lantern train will be lit at 4.30pm at the pier and will lead on to a night swim at the lake at 5.15pm.
For more information, or to get involved, email email@example.com
- Christmas lights will be switched on in two villages.
A ceremony will take place outside Pill’s Post Office in the precinct on Saturday at 7.15pm. Festivities start at 5pm, with entertainment from the Pill Owls carol choir.
While in Yatton, the Precinct’s Christmas lights, in High Street, will be switched on at 5.30pm on Saturday.