Fitness programme begins
A PROGRAMME to help families get fitter and healthier will be held again in North Somerset next year.
The 10-week MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It) programme consists of two-hourly after-school sessions twice every week designed to boost confidence and self-esteem and tackle issues with food.
Independent research has shown children who attend the MEND programme have experienced long-term health benefits including weight loss and improvements in fitness.
A new course covering Backwell, Nailsea and Yatton is due to start in the new year.
Sessions allow families to socialise before children aged seven to 13 take part in activities such as climbing, trampolining or swimming.
You may also want to watch:
* For more details contact Marie Davis at email@example.com or on 01275 463371.
- 1 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 2 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 5 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 6 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups
- 7 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 8 Gordano RFC maintain perfect start to season with Cleve RFC win
- 9 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 10 Work begins on new section of car-free Strawberry Line route