First ever North Somerset Women’s Show
THE ultimate girls’ day out will be held in North Somerset this weekend.
Featuring more than 40 exhibitors as well as a pamper area offering a range of treatments, the first ever North Somerset Women’s Show will be held on Sunday at the Congresbury hotel, Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House.
The event has been organised by Backwell mum-of-two, Caroline Sparks, who has previously held two such events in Bristol and has also put on baby shows across the South West under her events business, Little Monster.
Following the success of the Bristol Women’s Shows, the 38-year-old decided to bring a similar event to North Somerset.
Caroline said: “The initial idea came from a friend of mine who had been to a women’s show in America.
“These events are huge over there and run for three or four days so I thought this would be something that would go down well here.
“The Bristol shows were really good and most of the women that came along treated it as a day out, doing a bit of shopping, having lunch and treating themselves to a pamper.”
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved
On Sunday, the North Somerset Women’s Show will run from 10am-3.30pm, with the first 250 visitors being given a free goody bag.
A huge range of exhibitors will be taking part and stalls will include beauty and cosmetic products, jewellery and accessories, books, cakes, baby gifts, arts and crafts, greetings cards, chocolate and cooking products,
The exhibitors will also include Pink Swan estate agency, Somerset Cricket Board, Costco, image consultant House of Colour, the NHS, Soroptomist International of Bristol, health practitioners, photographers, therapists and cosmetic surgery providers.
Throughout the day, talks and demonstrations will also be given on homeopathy, accessorising, botox and a skin peel.
Tickets for the show are available in advance for �4 from www.northsomersetwomensshow.co.uk
Entry on the door at the hotel in Frost Hill, Congresbury, is �5. Free tea and coffee will be served.