First ever North Somerset Women’s Show
THE ultimate girls’ day out will be held in North Somerset this weekend.
Featuring more than 40 exhibitors as well as a pamper area offering a range of treatments, the first ever North Somerset Women’s Show will be held on Sunday at the Congresbury hotel, Doubletree by Hilton at Cadbury House.
The event has been organised by Backwell mum-of-two, Caroline Sparks, who has previously held two such events in Bristol and has also put on baby shows across the South West under her events business, Little Monster.
Following the success of the Bristol Women’s Shows, the 38-year-old decided to bring a similar event to North Somerset.
Caroline said: “The initial idea came from a friend of mine who had been to a women’s show in America.
“These events are huge over there and run for three or four days so I thought this would be something that would go down well here.
“The Bristol shows were really good and most of the women that came along treated it as a day out, doing a bit of shopping, having lunch and treating themselves to a pamper.”
- 1 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 8 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
On Sunday, the North Somerset Women’s Show will run from 10am-3.30pm, with the first 250 visitors being given a free goody bag.
A huge range of exhibitors will be taking part and stalls will include beauty and cosmetic products, jewellery and accessories, books, cakes, baby gifts, arts and crafts, greetings cards, chocolate and cooking products,
The exhibitors will also include Pink Swan estate agency, Somerset Cricket Board, Costco, image consultant House of Colour, the NHS, Soroptomist International of Bristol, health practitioners, photographers, therapists and cosmetic surgery providers.
Throughout the day, talks and demonstrations will also be given on homeopathy, accessorising, botox and a skin peel.
Tickets for the show are available in advance for �4 from www.northsomersetwomensshow.co.uk
Entry on the door at the hotel in Frost Hill, Congresbury, is �5. Free tea and coffee will be served.