Firefighters tackle Nailsea house fire

PUBLISHED: 08:30 01 July 2015 | UPDATED: 08:30 01 July 2015

Archant

An overloaded electrical extension is believed to have caused a house fire in Nailsea.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called to Rhyne View at about 12.20 yesterday (Tuesday).

A fire service spokesman said: “Three people all made their way to safety and were outside when firefighters arrived.

“Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel and CO2 extinguisher to the bring the fire under control. It caused damage to the kitchen, where is started, as well as smoke damage elsewhere in the house.

“One man in his 20s was treated at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation.

“It’s thought the fire was started accidentally by a multi-gang extension that was in use at the time.

“Electrical faults are one of the main causes of fires in our area, but many could have been avoided. They are often caused by the overloading of extension cables, resulting in dangerous consequences.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the North Somerset Times