Firefighters’ new uniform
FIREFIGHTERS in the region have adopted a new look.
They have adopted a new uniform, in an eye-catching shade.
Crews switched from their familiar blue kit to gold protective clothing.
The change of uniform has been introduced as Avon Fire and Rescue Service’s contract with its current supplier reached an end.
The new kit is made using modern, lightweight, durable fabrics that will protect crews from heat and moisture during their day-to-day work at incidents.
You may also want to watch:
The naturally gold-coloured fabric has undergone extensive testing by Bristol Uniforms which demonstrated its effectiveness in improving the safety of firefighters exposed to heat and flames.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Nailsea pupils enjoy forest school sessions
- 8 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Andre Rieu concert screening at cinema
- 10 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival