Firefighters’ new uniform
FIREFIGHTERS in the region have adopted a new look.
They have adopted a new uniform, in an eye-catching shade.
Crews switched from their familiar blue kit to gold protective clothing.
The change of uniform has been introduced as Avon Fire and Rescue Service’s contract with its current supplier reached an end.
The new kit is made using modern, lightweight, durable fabrics that will protect crews from heat and moisture during their day-to-day work at incidents.
You may also want to watch:
The naturally gold-coloured fabric has undergone extensive testing by Bristol Uniforms which demonstrated its effectiveness in improving the safety of firefighters exposed to heat and flames.
- 1 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 2 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 3 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Have your say about possible development surrounding Weston Big Wood
- 5 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 6 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 7 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
- 10 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal