Fire rips through High Street business
FIRE ripped through a High Street business in Nailsea last night.
At about 10pm yesterday (Wed), a passerby called the fire service after spotting smoke coming from the first floor window of the property used by Heritage estate agents.
Crews from fire stations in Nailsea, Temple and Bedminster attended the scene and managed to get into the building.
A fire had taken hold in the first floor of the property.
Twelve firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were involved in tackling the flames and were able to use ladders up against the property’s windows to do so.
You may also want to watch:
Hose reels and jets were used to reach the fire and firefighters also used the windows leading to the second floor loft conversion.
As a result of the fire, the ground floor was damaged by a partial ceiling collapse.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
The first floor was extensively damaged by fire and there was some damage to the second floor, which was used as storage space.
Fortunately, firefighters were able to stop the flames from spreading to other businesses.
They remained at the scene until 2am to ensure the fire had been completely extinguished, using a thermal imaging camera to check the property.
One crew is back at the scene this morning (Thurs) to carry out an inspection of the building.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
* An earlier report said the fire had affected The Co-operative Funeral Care, which has now been corrected. Apologies for any confusion caused.