Fire breaks out in Clevedon
PUBLISHED: 14:00 19 November 2018 | UPDATED: 14:09 19 November 2018
Firefighters battled a van fire outside a Clevedon shop this morning (Monday).
The fire began in a vehicle parked outside the forecourt of Clevedon Domestics, in Old Street, at 9am.
The blaze involved 47 electrical appliances and is thought to have started accidentally.
Crews from Clevedon, Avonmouth and Nailsea were called to scene.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using two hoses and two 70mm jets.
The fire has also affected a property nearby.
The main road through Clevedon is closed while firefighters remain at the scene.