Fire at former nursing home

A FIRE broke out in a former nursing home in Portishead yesterday (Wed).

Two Avon Fire and Rescue Service fire engines were called to the disused building in Nore Road at 6.30pm where there was a small fire on the ground floor.

Firefighters with breathing apparatus searched the building after initial concerns were raised that there were people inside. But it was empty.

A hose reel was used to extinguish the flames.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus