Film crews in Clevedon for Jane Austen drama Sanditon
- Credit: Mike Jerrett
Actors descended on Clevedon on Friday to film scenes for the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel Sanditon.
Crews were filming on the seafront, around Marine Lake, on Salthouse Fields and the prom for the ITV drama.
The programme is being directed by BAFTA-winning screenwriter Andrew Davies – who is best known for creating House Of Cards.
The film company used Clevedon Pier as a base and parking was suspended at The Beach and Alexandra Road.
Austen penned the book in the final months before her death in 1817, and production company Red Planet believes the district’s coastal views are the perfect place to recreate the fictitious seaside resort of Sanditon.
You may also want to watch:
The crew was also out filming at Sand Point over the weekend.
A release date for the eight-part programme has not yet been announced.
- 1 North Somerset Council determined to prevent rise in empty properties
- 2 Teenager to run 100 miles in memory of her granddad
- 3 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 4 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 5 Charity pays tribute to 'much-loved' reverend
- 6 Eco homes to be built on 'local oasis'
- 7 Pill student on vaccine frontline
- 8 Council invests millions on projects to create a 'brighter future' for North Somerset
- 9 Canadians in solidarity with airport opponents
- 10 Coronavirus vaccinations move to next phase in North Somerset