Field is set to burst into bloom
GREEN-FINGERED residents in Portishead are preparing for the biggest flower show in the Gordano Valley.
The 149th Portishead Flower Show and Country Fair, organised by Portishead Horticultural Society, takes place at the Clevedon Road Flower Show Field in the town on July 21 and 22.
With more than 300 flower, vegetable and handicraft classes, there is something for everyone - from the under fives to senior citizens.
Organisers expect more than 2,000 entries to be submitted, filling three large marquees at the show which costs more than �20,000 to put on each year.
All entry forms must be received in advance. Details of how to enter can be found in the show schedules available in High Street shops, including Morgan Wesley and Portishead Pet and Garden.
You may also want to watch:
The show will be opened at noon on the Saturday by Steve Yabsley, from BBC Radio Bristol. In addition to sideshows, trade stands and stalls, there will be a range of arena events including terrier racing, gundogs, Punch and Judy, a climbing wall and a jazz band. A companion dog show will take place on the Sunday.
Admission to the show costs �5 for adults, with children under 17 free. Full details of what’s on and when can be found on www.portisheadflowershow.com or you can call 07989 140367 for further information.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe