Festive shoppers grab a bargain in Nailsea
HAND-MADE items and farm produce were snapped up by Christmas shoppers at Nailsea Farmers’ and Craft Market at the weekend.
Crown Glass shopping centre and Somerset Square were rammed with festive bargain hunters, singing along to carols and picking up a present or two.
Charities and local organisations took advantage of free pitches to promote their services and offer prizes of Christmas goodies to passers-by.
Organiser Gina Provis said: “It was a really successful day, with lots of farm produce selling out.
“The town was buzzing, the car parks were full and everyone enjoyed it.”
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea resident Eileen Wilson said: “Nailsea town centre has been pretty bustling lately with quite a lot happening here over the last few weeks.
“It looked like the market was quite successful and the dry weather made for a good atmosphere.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project