Festive shoppers grab a bargain in Nailsea
HAND-MADE items and farm produce were snapped up by Christmas shoppers at Nailsea Farmers’ and Craft Market at the weekend.
Crown Glass shopping centre and Somerset Square were rammed with festive bargain hunters, singing along to carols and picking up a present or two.
Charities and local organisations took advantage of free pitches to promote their services and offer prizes of Christmas goodies to passers-by.
Organiser Gina Provis said: “It was a really successful day, with lots of farm produce selling out.
“The town was buzzing, the car parks were full and everyone enjoyed it.”
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea resident Eileen Wilson said: “Nailsea town centre has been pretty bustling lately with quite a lot happening here over the last few weeks.
“It looked like the market was quite successful and the dry weather made for a good atmosphere.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 4 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans