Festive shoppers grab a bargain in Nailsea
HAND-MADE items and farm produce were snapped up by Christmas shoppers at Nailsea Farmers’ and Craft Market at the weekend.
Crown Glass shopping centre and Somerset Square were rammed with festive bargain hunters, singing along to carols and picking up a present or two.
Charities and local organisations took advantage of free pitches to promote their services and offer prizes of Christmas goodies to passers-by.
Organiser Gina Provis said: “It was a really successful day, with lots of farm produce selling out.
“The town was buzzing, the car parks were full and everyone enjoyed it.”
Nailsea resident Eileen Wilson said: “Nailsea town centre has been pretty bustling lately with quite a lot happening here over the last few weeks.
“It looked like the market was quite successful and the dry weather made for a good atmosphere.”
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 6 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 7 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard