Festival plans take shape
ARTISTS and musicians will have a chance to showcase their work if plans for a week-long festival in Portishead go ahead.
The town’s tourism group, which is spearheading the idea, is appealing for a co-ordinator to step up and help run a week of music and arts-related activities which they hope will take place in September.
Group chairman Ron Hazelton said: “We are calling upon all community groups to put on their own concert, production or exhibition during Portishead festival week but also need someone to co-ordinate the events and publicity.”
Organisers say they envisage the festival will become an annual event which grows each year.
Mr Hazelton added: “The festival week can start off in a modest way and then in time we can hopefully add events, activities and even competitions as the festival finds its feet.”
You may also want to watch:
An open meeting is being at Portishead Youth Centre on March 7 at 7.30pm to set a date, discuss the festival fully and plan events. Anyone interested in taking part is invited to attend the meeting.
In the meantime more details are available by calling 01275 844868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships