Festival entrants sought
ENERGETIC entrants are being sought to take part in a raft race which will be held as part of the annual Clevedon Marine Lake festival.
Organised by MARLENS, the group which promotes use of the seafront lake, the festival will take place on September 15-16.
The raft race will be held on the Sunday at 1pm and entry forms are now available from The Salthouse pub in Salthouse Road and Clevedon Library in Hillside Road. Entry is �10 per team in advance, or �12 on the day, and dressing up is encouraged.
The festival will also feature activities on the lake including sailing, canoeing, model boat races, zorbing and a novelty bath tub race.
On the Salthouse Fields and around the lake, there will be stalls, sideshows, truck pulls, climbing walls, bouncy castles, cookery demonstrations and It’s a Knockout tournaments. There will also be two stages of live music.
You may also want to watch:
Community stalls can be held for free and commercial stalls cost �25.
On September 14, schoolchildren will have the chance to take part in canoeing, raft building and obstacle courses during the free school day organised by MARLENS.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
For more details or to book a stall email email@example.com