Festival entrants sought
ENERGETIC entrants are being sought to take part in a raft race which will be held as part of the annual Clevedon Marine Lake festival.
Organised by MARLENS, the group which promotes use of the seafront lake, the festival will take place on September 15-16.
The raft race will be held on the Sunday at 1pm and entry forms are now available from The Salthouse pub in Salthouse Road and Clevedon Library in Hillside Road. Entry is �10 per team in advance, or �12 on the day, and dressing up is encouraged.
The festival will also feature activities on the lake including sailing, canoeing, model boat races, zorbing and a novelty bath tub race.
On the Salthouse Fields and around the lake, there will be stalls, sideshows, truck pulls, climbing walls, bouncy castles, cookery demonstrations and It’s a Knockout tournaments. There will also be two stages of live music.
You may also want to watch:
Community stalls can be held for free and commercial stalls cost �25.
On September 14, schoolchildren will have the chance to take part in canoeing, raft building and obstacle courses during the free school day organised by MARLENS.
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Youth charity wins national accolade
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads
For more details or to book a stall email email@example.com