Farewell to Mrs Morgan
SCHOOLCHILDREN in Nailsea bid farewell to a long-serving member of staff.
Marilyn Morgan, a general assistant and dinner lady, has worked at Golden Valley Primary School in Nailsea Park for 23 years and has now retired to spend more time with her family, including her granddaughter.
Year six pupil Harry said: “It is really sad that Mrs Morgan is leaving, she is really good at doing her job. I will miss her.”
Headteacher Kevin Lynch said: “Marilyn has been such a supportive member of our school family and she will be greatly-missed by her staff colleagues and the children.
“Marilyn is such a positive person who always sees the best in people and is unflappable.
You may also want to watch:
“We will miss her, but we all think she deserves to thoroughly enjoy life at a slightly more relaxing pace.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 8 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 9 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport