Collision between truck and car in village
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision between a tipper truck and a car in Failand earlier this month.
The collision happened in Clevedon Road, between Tyntesfield and Portbury Lane, at about 3.15pm on July 16.
As a result of the collision, the tipper truck crashed into a verge.
The driver had to be freed by the fire and rescue service and the truck had to be recovered, which resulted in the road being closed for five hours.
The driver was taken to hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We’d like to speak to anyone who saw this collision, or who saw either vehicle – a Man tipper truck and a grey Renault Kadjar – prior to the collision.
“We’d also appeal for anyone using this road around the time of the incident to check any dash cam footage.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 7 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
“If you can help, please call the collision investigation unit on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5220157951.”