Collision between truck and car in village
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision between a tipper truck and a car in Failand earlier this month.
The collision happened in Clevedon Road, between Tyntesfield and Portbury Lane, at about 3.15pm on July 16.
As a result of the collision, the tipper truck crashed into a verge.
The driver had to be freed by the fire and rescue service and the truck had to be recovered, which resulted in the road being closed for five hours.
The driver was taken to hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We’d like to speak to anyone who saw this collision, or who saw either vehicle – a Man tipper truck and a grey Renault Kadjar – prior to the collision.
“We’d also appeal for anyone using this road around the time of the incident to check any dash cam footage.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
“If you can help, please call the collision investigation unit on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5220157951.”