Collision between truck and car in village
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a collision between a tipper truck and a car in Failand earlier this month.
The collision happened in Clevedon Road, between Tyntesfield and Portbury Lane, at about 3.15pm on July 16.
As a result of the collision, the tipper truck crashed into a verge.
The driver had to be freed by the fire and rescue service and the truck had to be recovered, which resulted in the road being closed for five hours.
The driver was taken to hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We’d like to speak to anyone who saw this collision, or who saw either vehicle – a Man tipper truck and a grey Renault Kadjar – prior to the collision.
“We’d also appeal for anyone using this road around the time of the incident to check any dash cam footage.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 8 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 9 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 10 Help to shape health and wellbeing in North Somerset
“If you can help, please call the collision investigation unit on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5220157951.”