Emma’s Daisy Birthing classes
A MUM-OF-TWO, who missed out on antenatal classes before the birth of her own children, is launching new birth preparation classes in Portishead.
Emma Walters says she felt scared and unprepared for the birth of her children because both sons were born prematurely, sending her into labour before she had attended any antenatal classes.
The 28-year-old said: “Joshua was born 11 weeks early and Kasey six weeks early, so I missed out on antenatal classes on both occasions and went into labour completely blind, not knowing what was ahead of me and ultimately very scared.
“After Kasey was born, I looked into training as an antenatal educator and chose to become a Daisy Birthing teacher.”
Daisy Birthing is a whole new approach to birth preparation and while new to North Somerset, the classes have been mentoring and supporting mums-to-be since 2004.
You may also want to watch:
The weekly programme has been designed to bring together some of the most popular holistic techniques for comfortable and confident birthing including movement reminiscent of yoga, tai chi and dance; relaxation and self-hypnosis based exercises; breathing and self massage.
Emma added: “Our key intention is to help all mums feel confident and to look forward to birth, whatever journey they take.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 10 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
“This means even those knowing they may have to have a c-section or be closely monitored during labour can still benefit.”
Emma is now taking bookings for her Tuesday evening classes, which start on June 14 at 8pm at the Fitness Hub in Harbour Road.
To sign up or to find out more call her on 01275 399014 or 07951 243454.