Youth hub set up at school
- Credit: Archant
A youth hub for pupils has been created at a Portishead school so youngsters can receive support with their problems.
Portishead Youth Centre has started hosting lunchtime sessions at Gordano School, where students can talk privately about their issues and receive support from qualified advisors.
Youth workers will be on hand to give advice on relationships, careers and further education, in addition to giving tips on leading a healthy lifestyle.
Youth development worker Kimberley Jones said: “The young people can come in at lunchtimes from Monday to Thursday, with Wednesdays being for students in year 10 or above.
“Young people can also just chill out and can ask us questions about issues they may have.
You may also want to watch:
“We have already linked conversations and activities to national campaigns on things such as sexual health, sexuality, mental health and body image.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp