Youth hub set up at school
- Credit: Archant
A youth hub for pupils has been created at a Portishead school so youngsters can receive support with their problems.
Portishead Youth Centre has started hosting lunchtime sessions at Gordano School, where students can talk privately about their issues and receive support from qualified advisors.
Youth workers will be on hand to give advice on relationships, careers and further education, in addition to giving tips on leading a healthy lifestyle.
Youth development worker Kimberley Jones said: “The young people can come in at lunchtimes from Monday to Thursday, with Wednesdays being for students in year 10 or above.
“Young people can also just chill out and can ask us questions about issues they may have.
You may also want to watch:
“We have already linked conversations and activities to national campaigns on things such as sexual health, sexuality, mental health and body image.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel