Youth hub set up at school
- Credit: Archant
A youth hub for pupils has been created at a Portishead school so youngsters can receive support with their problems.
Portishead Youth Centre has started hosting lunchtime sessions at Gordano School, where students can talk privately about their issues and receive support from qualified advisors.
Youth workers will be on hand to give advice on relationships, careers and further education, in addition to giving tips on leading a healthy lifestyle.
Youth development worker Kimberley Jones said: “The young people can come in at lunchtimes from Monday to Thursday, with Wednesdays being for students in year 10 or above.
“Young people can also just chill out and can ask us questions about issues they may have.
You may also want to watch:
“We have already linked conversations and activities to national campaigns on things such as sexual health, sexuality, mental health and body image.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers