Youth hub set up at school
- Credit: Archant
A youth hub for pupils has been created at a Portishead school so youngsters can receive support with their problems.
Portishead Youth Centre has started hosting lunchtime sessions at Gordano School, where students can talk privately about their issues and receive support from qualified advisors.
Youth workers will be on hand to give advice on relationships, careers and further education, in addition to giving tips on leading a healthy lifestyle.
Youth development worker Kimberley Jones said: “The young people can come in at lunchtimes from Monday to Thursday, with Wednesdays being for students in year 10 or above.
“Young people can also just chill out and can ask us questions about issues they may have.
You may also want to watch:
“We have already linked conversations and activities to national campaigns on things such as sexual health, sexuality, mental health and body image.”
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown