Youngsters keep cool on wetland centre trip
- Credit: Supplied
Children at a nursery school in Clevedon had some fun in the sun to celebrate the end of the year.
Youngsters from Clevedon Montessori School, in Albert Road, visited Slimbridge Wetland Centre in Gloucestershire where they spent the hottest day of the year learning all about the different varieties of wildlife that live there.
The day out was organised as a treat for the pupils who will be leaving the school in September.
Louise Lambert, administrative manager at Clevedon Montessori, said: “We had a wonderful day out at Slimbridge Wetland Centre.
“This was the culmination of the children’s project on birds which they really enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
“We also had an educational session run by Slimbridge called Do Like a Duck Does which the children thoroughly enjoyed.
“It turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far so the children cooled off in the paddling stream in the children’s play area.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery