Youngsters keep cool on wetland centre trip
- Credit: Supplied
Children at a nursery school in Clevedon had some fun in the sun to celebrate the end of the year.
Youngsters from Clevedon Montessori School, in Albert Road, visited Slimbridge Wetland Centre in Gloucestershire where they spent the hottest day of the year learning all about the different varieties of wildlife that live there.
The day out was organised as a treat for the pupils who will be leaving the school in September.
Louise Lambert, administrative manager at Clevedon Montessori, said: “We had a wonderful day out at Slimbridge Wetland Centre.
“This was the culmination of the children’s project on birds which they really enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
“We also had an educational session run by Slimbridge called Do Like a Duck Does which the children thoroughly enjoyed.
“It turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far so the children cooled off in the paddling stream in the children’s play area.”
- 1 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 7 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 8 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 9 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime