Youngsters keep cool on wetland centre trip
- Credit: Supplied
Children at a nursery school in Clevedon had some fun in the sun to celebrate the end of the year.
Youngsters from Clevedon Montessori School, in Albert Road, visited Slimbridge Wetland Centre in Gloucestershire where they spent the hottest day of the year learning all about the different varieties of wildlife that live there.
The day out was organised as a treat for the pupils who will be leaving the school in September.
Louise Lambert, administrative manager at Clevedon Montessori, said: “We had a wonderful day out at Slimbridge Wetland Centre.
“This was the culmination of the children’s project on birds which they really enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
“We also had an educational session run by Slimbridge called Do Like a Duck Does which the children thoroughly enjoyed.
“It turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far so the children cooled off in the paddling stream in the children’s play area.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend