Youngsters keep cool on wetland centre trip
- Credit: Supplied
Children at a nursery school in Clevedon had some fun in the sun to celebrate the end of the year.
Youngsters from Clevedon Montessori School, in Albert Road, visited Slimbridge Wetland Centre in Gloucestershire where they spent the hottest day of the year learning all about the different varieties of wildlife that live there.
The day out was organised as a treat for the pupils who will be leaving the school in September.
Louise Lambert, administrative manager at Clevedon Montessori, said: “We had a wonderful day out at Slimbridge Wetland Centre.
“This was the culmination of the children’s project on birds which they really enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
“We also had an educational session run by Slimbridge called Do Like a Duck Does which the children thoroughly enjoyed.
“It turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far so the children cooled off in the paddling stream in the children’s play area.”
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 7 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected