Young speakers commended
- Credit: supplied
THREE Portishead teenagers have been highly commended for their public speaking skills.
Gordano School pupils Hannah Clay, Beth Payne and Sabrina Lee made it through to the district finals of the Rotary Youth Speaks contest, held in Maisemore Gloucestershire.
Beth acted as the chairman and was given two minutes to introduce the team members and the subject they were speaking on.
Hannah then spoke on the role of education for six minutes with Sabrina giving her vote of thanks to conclude their entry.
Competition was fierce with representatives from a number of schools taking part.
You may also want to watch:
The three year nine pupils received certificates from the Rotary judges after being highly commended and Hannah was congratulated for the exceptional delivery of her speech.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 6 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 7 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 10 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village