Young speakers commended
- Credit: supplied
THREE Portishead teenagers have been highly commended for their public speaking skills.
Gordano School pupils Hannah Clay, Beth Payne and Sabrina Lee made it through to the district finals of the Rotary Youth Speaks contest, held in Maisemore Gloucestershire.
Beth acted as the chairman and was given two minutes to introduce the team members and the subject they were speaking on.
Hannah then spoke on the role of education for six minutes with Sabrina giving her vote of thanks to conclude their entry.
Competition was fierce with representatives from a number of schools taking part.
You may also want to watch:
The three year nine pupils received certificates from the Rotary judges after being highly commended and Hannah was congratulated for the exceptional delivery of her speech.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp