Young speakers commended
- Credit: supplied
THREE Portishead teenagers have been highly commended for their public speaking skills.
Gordano School pupils Hannah Clay, Beth Payne and Sabrina Lee made it through to the district finals of the Rotary Youth Speaks contest, held in Maisemore Gloucestershire.
Beth acted as the chairman and was given two minutes to introduce the team members and the subject they were speaking on.
Hannah then spoke on the role of education for six minutes with Sabrina giving her vote of thanks to conclude their entry.
Competition was fierce with representatives from a number of schools taking part.
You may also want to watch:
The three year nine pupils received certificates from the Rotary judges after being highly commended and Hannah was congratulated for the exceptional delivery of her speech.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 10 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West