Young speakers commended
- Credit: supplied
THREE Portishead teenagers have been highly commended for their public speaking skills.
Gordano School pupils Hannah Clay, Beth Payne and Sabrina Lee made it through to the district finals of the Rotary Youth Speaks contest, held in Maisemore Gloucestershire.
Beth acted as the chairman and was given two minutes to introduce the team members and the subject they were speaking on.
Hannah then spoke on the role of education for six minutes with Sabrina giving her vote of thanks to conclude their entry.
Competition was fierce with representatives from a number of schools taking part.
You may also want to watch:
The three year nine pupils received certificates from the Rotary judges after being highly commended and Hannah was congratulated for the exceptional delivery of her speech.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 7 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments