Clevedon primary school’s netball success
- Credit: Contributed
A Clevedon netball team has qualified for a prestigious tournament.
Year six pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School, in Kennaway Road, beat 23 other regional netball teams to qualify for the Spring School Games later this month.
The competition will be held at Bristol Grammar School where a number of other sports will also be contested.
Headteacher Roland Lovatt said: “To say we are thrilled is an understatement.
“This is a fabulous performance and thoroughly deserved.”
You may also want to watch:
It is not the only recent sporting success enjoyed by the school, with talented footballer Luca Gjoni representing the South West at the Me Cup in Menorca.
He is hoping to follow in the footsteps of England international goalkeeper Jack Butland.
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 7 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
Mr Lovatt added: “Well done to Luca.
“He has done so well to get to represent the South West at football.”