Clevedon primary school’s netball success
- Credit: Contributed
A Clevedon netball team has qualified for a prestigious tournament.
Year six pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School, in Kennaway Road, beat 23 other regional netball teams to qualify for the Spring School Games later this month.
The competition will be held at Bristol Grammar School where a number of other sports will also be contested.
Headteacher Roland Lovatt said: “To say we are thrilled is an understatement.
“This is a fabulous performance and thoroughly deserved.”
You may also want to watch:
It is not the only recent sporting success enjoyed by the school, with talented footballer Luca Gjoni representing the South West at the Me Cup in Menorca.
He is hoping to follow in the footsteps of England international goalkeeper Jack Butland.
- 1 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 7 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 8 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 9 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
Mr Lovatt added: “Well done to Luca.
“He has done so well to get to represent the South West at football.”