Clevedon primary school’s netball success
- Credit: Contributed
A Clevedon netball team has qualified for a prestigious tournament.
Year six pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School, in Kennaway Road, beat 23 other regional netball teams to qualify for the Spring School Games later this month.
The competition will be held at Bristol Grammar School where a number of other sports will also be contested.
Headteacher Roland Lovatt said: “To say we are thrilled is an understatement.
“This is a fabulous performance and thoroughly deserved.”
It is not the only recent sporting success enjoyed by the school, with talented footballer Luca Gjoni representing the South West at the Me Cup in Menorca.
He is hoping to follow in the footsteps of England international goalkeeper Jack Butland.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 3 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 4 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 9 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 10 Clevedon Lions Dream Scheme has opened to help good causes
Mr Lovatt added: “Well done to Luca.
“He has done so well to get to represent the South West at football.”