Clevedon netball team aims for more success after win
- Credit: Contributed
Children at a Clevedon primary school are celebrating winning a netball competition.
Year six pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School in Kennaway Road were victorious in a Cluster High 5 netball competition held at Clevedon School.
The team of five players took to the court to take on other schools in the Clevedon area.
During the competition they won four of their matches while the other ended in a draw.
The team will now go on to represent the town in the regional finals and are hoping to have similar success in future netball tournaments.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Roland Lovatt said: “Well done to our fabulous students for such a brilliant performance in the netball competition.
“We are very proud of their achievement.”
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
The team also came up with their own celebration song to mark the achievement.