Clevedon netball team aims for more success after win
- Credit: Contributed
Children at a Clevedon primary school are celebrating winning a netball competition.
Year six pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School in Kennaway Road were victorious in a Cluster High 5 netball competition held at Clevedon School.
The team of five players took to the court to take on other schools in the Clevedon area.
During the competition they won four of their matches while the other ended in a draw.
The team will now go on to represent the town in the regional finals and are hoping to have similar success in future netball tournaments.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Roland Lovatt said: “Well done to our fabulous students for such a brilliant performance in the netball competition.
“We are very proud of their achievement.”
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
The team also came up with their own celebration song to mark the achievement.