Clevedon netball team aims for more success after win
- Credit: Contributed
Children at a Clevedon primary school are celebrating winning a netball competition.
Year six pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School in Kennaway Road were victorious in a Cluster High 5 netball competition held at Clevedon School.
The team of five players took to the court to take on other schools in the Clevedon area.
During the competition they won four of their matches while the other ended in a draw.
The team will now go on to represent the town in the regional finals and are hoping to have similar success in future netball tournaments.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Roland Lovatt said: “Well done to our fabulous students for such a brilliant performance in the netball competition.
“We are very proud of their achievement.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Portishead garden protected from development
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
The team also came up with their own celebration song to mark the achievement.