Clevedon netball team aims for more success after win
- Credit: Contributed
Children at a Clevedon primary school are celebrating winning a netball competition.
Year six pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School in Kennaway Road were victorious in a Cluster High 5 netball competition held at Clevedon School.
The team of five players took to the court to take on other schools in the Clevedon area.
During the competition they won four of their matches while the other ended in a draw.
The team will now go on to represent the town in the regional finals and are hoping to have similar success in future netball tournaments.
Headteacher Roland Lovatt said: “Well done to our fabulous students for such a brilliant performance in the netball competition.
“We are very proud of their achievement.”
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 3 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 4 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 5 Double disappointment for Cleeve CC
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 8 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- 9 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
The team also came up with their own celebration song to mark the achievement.