Pupils represent their schools in mathematics challenge
- Credit: Archant
Children from Clevedon and Tickenham took part in a maths challenge.
Forty students from All Saints, Tickenham, St Nicholas' Chantry, Yeo Moor and Mary Elton primary schools tackled a series of puzzles designed to test their mathematical and problem-solving skills.
They worked in small teams to represent their schools, which are all part of the Clevedon Learning Trust.
The winning teams were Tickenham A Team year five and Tickenham B Team year six.
Rebecca Underwood, a teacher from Tickenham Primary School, said: "The children thoroughly enjoyed their time and were buzzing with enthusiasm on their return to school.
You may also want to watch:
"The variety of mathematical activities available were really fun and challenged the children perfectly."
Mark Nelson, event organiser, said: "As a trust we cater for a wide range of pupil interests."
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 10 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act