Students celebrate end of school with fancy dress and fun day
- Credit: Archant
Students celebrated the end of their school days by dressing up as hippies and letting off some steam on a bouncy castle.
The year 13 pupils from Nailsea School turned up for their last day in fancy dress - sporting flares, flowery outfits and John Lennon-style glasses to celebrate the 1970s.
The youngsters enjoyed speeches and a moving presentation by staff, followed by wipe-out games on the lawn with different houses competing against each other.
Revellers settled down for a barbecue after the colourful antics and said fond farewells to teachers and classmates.
Nailsea School's head of sixth form, Jon Reddiford, said: "The class of 2019 have been an incredible year group, and it has been a privilege to watch them grow, we wish them every success with their exams and future.
You may also want to watch:
"It has been great working with them and seeing how resilient, supportive of each other and independent they have become as young adults."
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week