Students celebrate end of school with fancy dress and fun day
- Credit: Archant
Students celebrated the end of their school days by dressing up as hippies and letting off some steam on a bouncy castle.
The year 13 pupils from Nailsea School turned up for their last day in fancy dress - sporting flares, flowery outfits and John Lennon-style glasses to celebrate the 1970s.
The youngsters enjoyed speeches and a moving presentation by staff, followed by wipe-out games on the lawn with different houses competing against each other.
Revellers settled down for a barbecue after the colourful antics and said fond farewells to teachers and classmates.
Nailsea School's head of sixth form, Jon Reddiford, said: "The class of 2019 have been an incredible year group, and it has been a privilege to watch them grow, we wish them every success with their exams and future.
You may also want to watch:
"It has been great working with them and seeing how resilient, supportive of each other and independent they have become as young adults."
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style