PICTURES: Carnival atmosphere in Yatton
- Credit: Archant
Carnival fever took over Yatton at the weekend.
The schools' annual fiesta swept through the village as children paraded from Cherry Grove.
A fun fair at the schools' grounds kept hundreds of people entertained throughout Saturday afternoon.
Yatton and Claverham Against Plastic Group and Yatton and Congresbury Wildlife Action Group were among the exhibitors, while food, drinks and games were also available for people to enjoy.
Junior school children also ran an eco-stall making eco-bricks, as more emphasis was placed on environmental issues than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
After some disappointing weather earlier in the month, participants were treated to wonderful sunshine for the carnival.
Children dressed up in colourful costumes, ranging from animals to mythical creatures.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
Musicians also performed, showcasing the talents children have accrued while being taught at the infant and junior schools.