PICTURES: Carnival atmosphere in Yatton
- Credit: Archant
Carnival fever took over Yatton at the weekend.
The schools' annual fiesta swept through the village as children paraded from Cherry Grove.
A fun fair at the schools' grounds kept hundreds of people entertained throughout Saturday afternoon.
Yatton and Claverham Against Plastic Group and Yatton and Congresbury Wildlife Action Group were among the exhibitors, while food, drinks and games were also available for people to enjoy.
Junior school children also ran an eco-stall making eco-bricks, as more emphasis was placed on environmental issues than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
After some disappointing weather earlier in the month, participants were treated to wonderful sunshine for the carnival.
Children dressed up in colourful costumes, ranging from animals to mythical creatures.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
Musicians also performed, showcasing the talents children have accrued while being taught at the infant and junior schools.