PICTURES: Carnival atmosphere in Yatton
- Credit: Archant
Carnival fever took over Yatton at the weekend.
The schools' annual fiesta swept through the village as children paraded from Cherry Grove.
A fun fair at the schools' grounds kept hundreds of people entertained throughout Saturday afternoon.
Yatton and Claverham Against Plastic Group and Yatton and Congresbury Wildlife Action Group were among the exhibitors, while food, drinks and games were also available for people to enjoy.
Junior school children also ran an eco-stall making eco-bricks, as more emphasis was placed on environmental issues than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
After some disappointing weather earlier in the month, participants were treated to wonderful sunshine for the carnival.
Children dressed up in colourful costumes, ranging from animals to mythical creatures.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
Musicians also performed, showcasing the talents children have accrued while being taught at the infant and junior schools.