Wraxall youngster, 8, has art work displayed at prestigious London exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A Wraxall youngster has been invited to exhibit his painting at an art institution.
Sebastian Mann, aged eight, will have his painting, called surprised by a tiger, displayed in the inaugural Young Artists Summer Show exhibition at London's The Royal Academy, from Saturday until August 4.
Nine The Downs Preparatory School pupils were shortlisted, out of a strong field of 6,200 young artists from the UK, including year eight student Lulu Thomas, who was accepted into the online exhibition.
Sebastian's work has been framed and The Mann family have delivered the work to the Royal Academy.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "We are thrilled for Sebastian and Lulu and their teachers, we have no doubt that Henri Rousseau would also be impressed."
The show will be online until December at www.youngartists.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/2019
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents