Wraxall youngster, 8, has art work displayed at prestigious London exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A Wraxall youngster has been invited to exhibit his painting at an art institution.
Sebastian Mann, aged eight, will have his painting, called surprised by a tiger, displayed in the inaugural Young Artists Summer Show exhibition at London's The Royal Academy, from Saturday until August 4.
Nine The Downs Preparatory School pupils were shortlisted, out of a strong field of 6,200 young artists from the UK, including year eight student Lulu Thomas, who was accepted into the online exhibition.
Sebastian's work has been framed and The Mann family have delivered the work to the Royal Academy.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "We are thrilled for Sebastian and Lulu and their teachers, we have no doubt that Henri Rousseau would also be impressed."
You may also want to watch:
The show will be online until December at www.youngartists.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/2019
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call