Wraxall youngster, 8, has art work displayed at prestigious London exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A Wraxall youngster has been invited to exhibit his painting at an art institution.
Sebastian Mann, aged eight, will have his painting, called surprised by a tiger, displayed in the inaugural Young Artists Summer Show exhibition at London's The Royal Academy, from Saturday until August 4.
Nine The Downs Preparatory School pupils were shortlisted, out of a strong field of 6,200 young artists from the UK, including year eight student Lulu Thomas, who was accepted into the online exhibition.
Sebastian's work has been framed and The Mann family have delivered the work to the Royal Academy.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "We are thrilled for Sebastian and Lulu and their teachers, we have no doubt that Henri Rousseau would also be impressed."
You may also want to watch:
The show will be online until December at www.youngartists.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/2019
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 3 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 8 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads