Wraxall youngster, 8, has art work displayed at prestigious London exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A Wraxall youngster has been invited to exhibit his painting at an art institution.
Sebastian Mann, aged eight, will have his painting, called surprised by a tiger, displayed in the inaugural Young Artists Summer Show exhibition at London's The Royal Academy, from Saturday until August 4.
Nine The Downs Preparatory School pupils were shortlisted, out of a strong field of 6,200 young artists from the UK, including year eight student Lulu Thomas, who was accepted into the online exhibition.
Sebastian's work has been framed and The Mann family have delivered the work to the Royal Academy.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "We are thrilled for Sebastian and Lulu and their teachers, we have no doubt that Henri Rousseau would also be impressed."
You may also want to watch:
The show will be online until December at www.youngartists.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibitions/2019
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week