Primary school hosts week of light festival
- Credit: Wraxall Primary School
Pupils of a village primary school have been busy getting creative in the classroom.
Wraxall Primary School has been busy sparkling and shining as the school held a week of light festival.
Youngsters have been exploring different festivals and events including Diwali, Hannukah and bonfire night with time built in for the children to reflect on light and how it makes them feel.
The highlight of the week was making lanterns, clay Diwas and dressing up in sparkly and brightly coloured clothes.
The week of light is just one part of a programme of enrichment that the school has put in place for the coming months.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: “Enrichment is a key part of Wraxall School and we wanted this to continue for our children despite the pandemic.
"It has been lovely to see the children’s enthusiasm this week as they have explored new learning opportunities.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 3 Special school expansion progress
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022