Primary school hosts week of light festival
- Credit: Wraxall Primary School
Pupils of a village primary school have been busy getting creative in the classroom.
Wraxall Primary School has been busy sparkling and shining as the school held a week of light festival.
Youngsters have been exploring different festivals and events including Diwali, Hannukah and bonfire night with time built in for the children to reflect on light and how it makes them feel.
The highlight of the week was making lanterns, clay Diwas and dressing up in sparkly and brightly coloured clothes.
The week of light is just one part of a programme of enrichment that the school has put in place for the coming months.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: “Enrichment is a key part of Wraxall School and we wanted this to continue for our children despite the pandemic.
"It has been lovely to see the children’s enthusiasm this week as they have explored new learning opportunities.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 7 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments