PICTURES: Primary school refurbishes library
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters of Wraxall Primary School will improve their reading skills thanks to a revamped library.
The school, in Bristol Road, celebrated the launch of its learning hub, called The Hive, on March 8 to tie in with World Book Day.
Children and staff dressed as book characters and held a second-hand book sale in the afternoon.
There was an official launch with the library, which was opened by Gary Lewis, chief executive of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: “It was a fantastic day and the children were so enthusiastic.
You may also want to watch:
“Reading is such an import skill to have and by enhancing the library we have given the children a relaxing, but vibrant place where they can enjoy books.”
The Friends of Wraxall School Association has supported the school by providing money towards some furniture, including a sofa.
- 1 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 2 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea