Climber gives inspirational talk to youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A mountaineer who reached the summit of Everest gave an inspiring talk to youngsters.
Explorer Nick Hollis spoke to pupils of Wraxall Primary School last week about his achievements.
Nick used his own experiences of climbing the Seven Summits to inspire the children to set themselves targets and have the courage and determination to overcome any challenges.
The children were inspired to reflect on their own aspirations and they asked him questions about his climbing experiences.
The school's headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "We are always looking for opportunities to inspire our children to aim high and we pride ourselves on the wide range of enrichment that our school offers.
You may also want to watch:
"Nick's talk was a really positive and inspiring example and it was great to see such enthusiasm from the children."
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5