Primary school pupils enjoy health and wellbeing week
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters discovered how sports and activities can improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
Wraxall Primary School, in Bristol Road, hosted a health and wellbeing week for students.
Pupils took part in a range of activities to promote wellbeing including steel pan drumming, a sports day involving rugby, tennis, lacrosse, dance and mindfulness art activities.
Alongside this, the school led anti-bullying workshops in classes and an e-safety information workshop was held for parents.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "It was a wonderful week and sports day was a real highlight.
You may also want to watch:
"It was great to see the children so motivated to take part in the wide range of activities on offer and for them to reflect on their own wellbeing.
"As a school we are eager to promote healthy living and this week is a clear example of this."
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 10 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom