Primary school pupils enjoy health and wellbeing week
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters discovered how sports and activities can improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
Wraxall Primary School, in Bristol Road, hosted a health and wellbeing week for students.
Pupils took part in a range of activities to promote wellbeing including steel pan drumming, a sports day involving rugby, tennis, lacrosse, dance and mindfulness art activities.
Alongside this, the school led anti-bullying workshops in classes and an e-safety information workshop was held for parents.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "It was a wonderful week and sports day was a real highlight.
You may also want to watch:
"It was great to see the children so motivated to take part in the wide range of activities on offer and for them to reflect on their own wellbeing.
"As a school we are eager to promote healthy living and this week is a clear example of this."
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022