Primary school pupils enjoy health and wellbeing week
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters discovered how sports and activities can improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
Wraxall Primary School, in Bristol Road, hosted a health and wellbeing week for students.
Pupils took part in a range of activities to promote wellbeing including steel pan drumming, a sports day involving rugby, tennis, lacrosse, dance and mindfulness art activities.
Alongside this, the school led anti-bullying workshops in classes and an e-safety information workshop was held for parents.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "It was a wonderful week and sports day was a real highlight.
You may also want to watch:
"It was great to see the children so motivated to take part in the wide range of activities on offer and for them to reflect on their own wellbeing.
"As a school we are eager to promote healthy living and this week is a clear example of this."
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 8 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Local girls earn call-up to England squad