Primary school pupils enjoy health and wellbeing week
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters discovered how sports and activities can improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
Wraxall Primary School, in Bristol Road, hosted a health and wellbeing week for students.
Pupils took part in a range of activities to promote wellbeing including steel pan drumming, a sports day involving rugby, tennis, lacrosse, dance and mindfulness art activities.
Alongside this, the school led anti-bullying workshops in classes and an e-safety information workshop was held for parents.
Headteacher, Amy Townsend, said: "It was a wonderful week and sports day was a real highlight.
You may also want to watch:
"It was great to see the children so motivated to take part in the wide range of activities on offer and for them to reflect on their own wellbeing.
"As a school we are eager to promote healthy living and this week is a clear example of this."
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel