Windsurfer inspires children
- Credit: Archant
A TOP class windsurfer inspired pupils in Backwell by talking about her sporting career.
British sailing team windsurfer and youth European silver medallist Noelle Finch took her trophies along to Fairfield School and answered the children’s questions about windsurfing.
Noelle, who lives in Clevedon and studies sport science at Chicester University, told the youngsters about the different equipment and clothing she uses and the destinations she has competed in.
She said: “The children were really interested and had lots of questions, which was great as it is probably not a sport they know much about.
“I really enjoyed talking to the children. The school offers a wide range of sporting opportunities and it was great to hear about the sports the children are already involved in. I hope some of my experiences and enthusiasm will inspire them to have a go and enjoy sport at any level.”
You may also want to watch:
Noelle will race in the Trofeo Princesa Sofia Regatta in Mallorca in March.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 5 Camera club wants new members to join
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town