Windsurfer inspires children
- Credit: Archant
A TOP class windsurfer inspired pupils in Backwell by talking about her sporting career.
British sailing team windsurfer and youth European silver medallist Noelle Finch took her trophies along to Fairfield School and answered the children’s questions about windsurfing.
Noelle, who lives in Clevedon and studies sport science at Chicester University, told the youngsters about the different equipment and clothing she uses and the destinations she has competed in.
She said: “The children were really interested and had lots of questions, which was great as it is probably not a sport they know much about.
“I really enjoyed talking to the children. The school offers a wide range of sporting opportunities and it was great to hear about the sports the children are already involved in. I hope some of my experiences and enthusiasm will inspire them to have a go and enjoy sport at any level.”
You may also want to watch:
Noelle will race in the Trofeo Princesa Sofia Regatta in Mallorca in March.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 5 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5