Windsurfer inspires children
- Credit: Archant
A TOP class windsurfer inspired pupils in Backwell by talking about her sporting career.
British sailing team windsurfer and youth European silver medallist Noelle Finch took her trophies along to Fairfield School and answered the children’s questions about windsurfing.
Noelle, who lives in Clevedon and studies sport science at Chicester University, told the youngsters about the different equipment and clothing she uses and the destinations she has competed in.
She said: “The children were really interested and had lots of questions, which was great as it is probably not a sport they know much about.
“I really enjoyed talking to the children. The school offers a wide range of sporting opportunities and it was great to hear about the sports the children are already involved in. I hope some of my experiences and enthusiasm will inspire them to have a go and enjoy sport at any level.”
You may also want to watch:
Noelle will race in the Trofeo Princesa Sofia Regatta in Mallorca in March.
- 1 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 2 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 3 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
- 4 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 5 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 6 Family days out in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 8 North Somerset communities benefit from development levy
- 9 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 10 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?