Warwick back at school
- Credit: Archant
GORDANO School pupils received a surprise visit from actor Warwick Davis.
The English actor best known for playing the title characters in Willow and the Leprechaun film series, as well as for his roles in Star Wars and the Harry Potter films, was invited to the Portishead school by year nine student Danielle Webb.
Danielle and her mum Michelle set up the South West branch of Little People UK (LPUK), an organisation run by Warwick and his wife Sammy to offer support to families affected by dwarfism.
Warwick’s presentation to the students included personal reflections on his own experiences at school, his career in acting and his leadership of LPUK.
Teenager Danielle, who has a form of dwarfism, said: “Being part of LPUK has given me real confidence and Warwick is amazing. I don’t see him as a celebrity, he is a friend.”
You may also want to watch:
Gordano headteacher, Gary Lewis, said: “We really appreciate Danielle’s confidence in inviting Warwick to work with us at Gordano.
“It has been a great pleasure to welcome him to the school and I know that every one of our year nine students enjoyed his talk and they are all impressed by his and Danielle’s leadership and work with LPUK.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 10 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act