Warwick back at school
- Credit: Archant
GORDANO School pupils received a surprise visit from actor Warwick Davis.
The English actor best known for playing the title characters in Willow and the Leprechaun film series, as well as for his roles in Star Wars and the Harry Potter films, was invited to the Portishead school by year nine student Danielle Webb.
Danielle and her mum Michelle set up the South West branch of Little People UK (LPUK), an organisation run by Warwick and his wife Sammy to offer support to families affected by dwarfism.
Warwick’s presentation to the students included personal reflections on his own experiences at school, his career in acting and his leadership of LPUK.
Teenager Danielle, who has a form of dwarfism, said: “Being part of LPUK has given me real confidence and Warwick is amazing. I don’t see him as a celebrity, he is a friend.”
You may also want to watch:
Gordano headteacher, Gary Lewis, said: “We really appreciate Danielle’s confidence in inviting Warwick to work with us at Gordano.
“It has been a great pleasure to welcome him to the school and I know that every one of our year nine students enjoyed his talk and they are all impressed by his and Danielle’s leadership and work with LPUK.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 7 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime