Warwick back at school
- Credit: Archant
GORDANO School pupils received a surprise visit from actor Warwick Davis.
The English actor best known for playing the title characters in Willow and the Leprechaun film series, as well as for his roles in Star Wars and the Harry Potter films, was invited to the Portishead school by year nine student Danielle Webb.
Danielle and her mum Michelle set up the South West branch of Little People UK (LPUK), an organisation run by Warwick and his wife Sammy to offer support to families affected by dwarfism.
Warwick’s presentation to the students included personal reflections on his own experiences at school, his career in acting and his leadership of LPUK.
Teenager Danielle, who has a form of dwarfism, said: “Being part of LPUK has given me real confidence and Warwick is amazing. I don’t see him as a celebrity, he is a friend.”
You may also want to watch:
Gordano headteacher, Gary Lewis, said: “We really appreciate Danielle’s confidence in inviting Warwick to work with us at Gordano.
“It has been a great pleasure to welcome him to the school and I know that every one of our year nine students enjoyed his talk and they are all impressed by his and Danielle’s leadership and work with LPUK.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 5 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 8 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset