Warwick back at school
- Credit: Archant
GORDANO School pupils received a surprise visit from actor Warwick Davis.
The English actor best known for playing the title characters in Willow and the Leprechaun film series, as well as for his roles in Star Wars and the Harry Potter films, was invited to the Portishead school by year nine student Danielle Webb.
Danielle and her mum Michelle set up the South West branch of Little People UK (LPUK), an organisation run by Warwick and his wife Sammy to offer support to families affected by dwarfism.
Warwick’s presentation to the students included personal reflections on his own experiences at school, his career in acting and his leadership of LPUK.
Teenager Danielle, who has a form of dwarfism, said: “Being part of LPUK has given me real confidence and Warwick is amazing. I don’t see him as a celebrity, he is a friend.”
You may also want to watch:
Gordano headteacher, Gary Lewis, said: “We really appreciate Danielle’s confidence in inviting Warwick to work with us at Gordano.
“It has been a great pleasure to welcome him to the school and I know that every one of our year nine students enjoyed his talk and they are all impressed by his and Danielle’s leadership and work with LPUK.”
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk