Violinist rehearsing for final of concerto contest
- Credit: Jeremy Long \ JCL Photography
A virtuoso violinist from Gordano School amazed judges with her performance on the violin at the North Somerset Concerto competition.
Inga Szmigiel, from year 10, has made it into the second round of the contest where she will be performing Bruch’s second violin concerto alongside North Somerset Centre for Young Musician’s Sinfonia on March 17.
Members of the North Somerset Centre for Young Musicians, Weston Youth Orchstra and Lions Brass for Youth were invited to enter the competition.
Inga is looking forward to the final performance and has been busy rehearsing with her school violin teacher Jenny Heathcote.
Jenny said: “Inga has shown determination and tremendous discipline to master this challenging concerto, and I am absolutely delighted with her success to date.”
Inga added: “Allison Blundell was a huge support and amazing accompanist during the second round. I would like to thank my fantastic and dedicated violin teacher Mrs Heathcote for her unending patience and advice.”
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 6 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 7 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard