Violinist rehearsing for final of concerto contest
- Credit: Jeremy Long \ JCL Photography
A virtuoso violinist from Gordano School amazed judges with her performance on the violin at the North Somerset Concerto competition.
Inga Szmigiel, from year 10, has made it into the second round of the contest where she will be performing Bruch’s second violin concerto alongside North Somerset Centre for Young Musician’s Sinfonia on March 17.
Members of the North Somerset Centre for Young Musicians, Weston Youth Orchstra and Lions Brass for Youth were invited to enter the competition.
Inga is looking forward to the final performance and has been busy rehearsing with her school violin teacher Jenny Heathcote.
Jenny said: “Inga has shown determination and tremendous discipline to master this challenging concerto, and I am absolutely delighted with her success to date.”
You may also want to watch:
Inga added: “Allison Blundell was a huge support and amazing accompanist during the second round. I would like to thank my fantastic and dedicated violin teacher Mrs Heathcote for her unending patience and advice.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 3 Special school expansion progress
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 6 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 9 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches