Village primary school reveals plans to open new preschool class
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Long Ashton is set to expand so it will provide early years care for children aged three to four.
Birdwell Primary School, in Hollis Close, will offer a new preschool class in September after being awarded Early Years Funding by the Government.
If the plan is approved by North Somerset Council’s planning committee a new purpose-built building will be created and ready to open in time for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The school has also added to its already impressive outdoor learning facilities by creating two new play huts for pupils.
Paul Sainsbury, headteacher, believes the village’s parents will benefit from having an extra preschool option and welcomed the Government’s funding announcement.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The play huts are another resource which allows the children to be creative at play times whilst complementing our already extensive outside facilities.
“We are also delighted to secure funding for a preschool which will provide much-needed places for three-year-olds in our local community.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
To find out more information about the proposed preschool class, email email@example.com