Village primary school reveals plans to open new preschool class
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Long Ashton is set to expand so it will provide early years care for children aged three to four.
Birdwell Primary School, in Hollis Close, will offer a new preschool class in September after being awarded Early Years Funding by the Government.
If the plan is approved by North Somerset Council’s planning committee a new purpose-built building will be created and ready to open in time for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The school has also added to its already impressive outdoor learning facilities by creating two new play huts for pupils.
Paul Sainsbury, headteacher, believes the village’s parents will benefit from having an extra preschool option and welcomed the Government’s funding announcement.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The play huts are another resource which allows the children to be creative at play times whilst complementing our already extensive outside facilities.
“We are also delighted to secure funding for a preschool which will provide much-needed places for three-year-olds in our local community.”
- 1 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 2 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 3 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 7 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
To find out more information about the proposed preschool class, email firstname.lastname@example.org